Four Seasons Veterinary Specialists cares greatly about you, your family, our team members and our local community. Since the start of the pandemic, we have remained at the forefront of information regarding COVID-19, particularly from the CDC and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). We have made every effort to provide a safe and healthy environment for our clients and staff to ensure we may continue to care for as many patients as possible. We are proud to be a 24/7 facility, offering specialty and emergency care to pets in northern Colorado, and surrounding states.
We want to let you know what actions we continue to take to mitigate the chances of contracting or spreading COVID-19 within our facility.
What we’re doing:
- Having our team members stay home if they are ill or believe that they have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices (i.e. additional wipe downs of all hard surfaces, door handles, lobby area and exam rooms).
- Team members could be in personal protective equipment (masks, gowns, goggles and gloves) for safety when they come into the lobby, exam room or to your vehicle.
- Asking all clients prior to a scheduled appointment or emergent care need if they or any immediate family members have felt unwell. If so, alternative options will be recommended.
- Offering telemedicine as an alternative option! We are the first private specialty hospital in Northern Colorado to offer this service. This is a fantastic modality that can help us continue certain appointments with high quality care, without the need for you and your pet to travel to the hospital. Please contact us for more information if you’re interested in learning more.
- Offering drop off appointments (where clinically appropriate) to help reduce the amount of time you need to spend in an exam room or in the lobby. We are happy to come to the car to admit your pet. Please call us at 970-800-1106 when you arrive and we will meet you and your pet outside.
- In an emergency, we are here to continue exceptional quality care for you and your pet. Please call us prior to arriving at Four Seasons so that we can be prepared for your arrival. If you are sick or have reason to believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you remain in the comfort of your vehicle while we initially meet your pet outside. We may have conversations with you over the phone from the parking lot and approve treatment plans and consent forms electronically.
- It is one of our greatest honors to be able to offer end of life care for pets at Four Seasons. It is extremely important to us and our team that you know that we are still here for you.
- The goal is that if any of our team members were quarantined, we’d still have plenty of staff available for you and your pet. We ask for your patience and understanding as we potentially alter our schedules during these dynamic times.
What we encourage clients to:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Prior to entering Four Seasons Veterinary Specialists, we are asking all clients with a scheduled appointment or emergency visit to please call us upon arrival.
- Please wear a mask if entering the building. A supply of Kn95 masks are available for you in our vestibule.
- As this is a rapidly changing situation, continue to follow all CDC recommendations.
Please know that we will continue to work around the clock to ensure our team is going above and beyond in keeping our facility safe for all. We hope to be a center for calm, continued support, not only for you as clients, but also for our team members and local referral community. Thank you for your patience, trust and ongoing support.
Dr. Tara Britt, VMD, ACVS, Founding Fellow Surgical Oncology
Dr. Jen Lowry, DVM, MS, ACVR
Owners of Four Seasons Veterinary Specialists